At Nelsons Automotive of Pewaukee we are one of the destinations where you can get your cars emissions tested when trying register your car or shortly after purchasing a different car.
The testing is very simple and consists of very few steps
- We test Monday thru Friday 7:30 am to 5:00 PM. We’re open till 5:30 PM, testing ends at 5:00 PM
- No appointment is needed and testing is done in less than 15 min
- Bring you car and the paperwork to our front office
- We will take the car into the shop
- The car will get plugged into the State’s computer
- After the car and the computer communicate, the engine computer will be checked for codes, an illuminated check engine light and verify the necessary vehicles monitors have run and passed.
- The operator will record the mileage and verify that the Check engine light operates properly.
- Some vehicles will need the gross vehicle weight recorded.
- After testing a report is printed explaining it passed or why it failed to pass.
That’s it, you will get your car back with the report and the state will already know you were tested and how things went. All that’s left is for you to purchase your new stickers either through us for a nominal fee or just mail it in and wait for your new stickers to be returned to you.
Of course if you have questions, the web site www.wisconsinvip.org has just about everything on it you will need to know about this entire process or you can call us or the DMV to talk to a person.
our number is 262-691-7113